Advanced Multiphase PEFC Performance Model Now Available for Download
Click Here to Download
Congratulations to Alan Pezeshki on completing his PhD!
Dr. Matthew Mench and Alan Pezeshki
Welcome to the Electrochemical Energy
Storage and Conversion Laboratory (EESC)
- The FCDDL specializes in development of advanced experimental diagnostics and computational tools for polymer electrolyte and microbial fuel cells.
- The APL was created in 2011 to maintain and grow an array of ongoing research concepts and funded programs that fall outside the realm of batteries and fuel cells.
- The FBDDL was created in 2010 to respond to the growing need to understand methods of transport in flow battery systems.
Recent Publications from the EESC Lab
- Y. A. Gandomi, M.D. Edmundson, F.C. Busby, M.M. Mench, "Water management in polymer electrolyte fuel cells through asymmetric thermal and mass transport engineering of the micro-porous layers," Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 163(8), F933-F944 (2016).
- S. Ou, H. Kashima, D. Aaron, J.M. Regan, M.M. Mench, "Multi-variable mathematical models for the air-cathode microbial fuel cell system," Journal of Power Sources, 314, 49-57 (2016).
- J. Houser, J. Clement, A. Pezeshki, M.M. Mench, "Influence of architecture and material properties on vanadium redox flow battery performance," Journal of Power Sources, 302, 369- 377 (2016).
- J. Clement, D. Aaron, M. M. Mench, "In-situ localized current distribution measurements in all-vanadium redox flow batteries," Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 163, A5220-A5228 (2016).
- A. Pezeshki, Z.J. Tang, C. Fujimoto, C.-N. Sun, M. M. Mench, T. A. Zawodzinski, "Full cell study of Diels Alder poly(phenylene) anion and cation exchange membranes in vanadium redox flow batteries," Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 163, A5154-A5162 (2016).
- A. Pezeshki, R. Sacci, G. Veith, T. A. Zawodzinski, M. M. Mench, "The cell-in-series method: a technique for accelerated electrode degradation in redox flow batteries," Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 163, A5202-A5210 (2016).
- Y. A. Gandomi, D. S. Aaron, T. A. Zawodzinski, M. M. Mench, "In Situ PotentialDistribution Measurement and Validated Model for All-Vanadium Redox Flow Battery," Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 163, A5188-A5201 (2016).
- O. Cekmer, S. Um, M.M. Mench, "A combined path-percolation-Lattice-Boltzmann model applied to multiphase mass transfer in porous media," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 93, 257-272 (2016).
- M. M. Mench, "High Hopes for Hydrogen,” Foreign Affairs, 94, 117-123 (2015).
- A. Pezeshki, J. Clement, G. Veith, T. Zawodzinski, "High performance electrodes in vanadium redox flow batteries through oxygen-enriched thermal activation," Journal of Power Sources, 294, 333-338 (2015).