- Yasser Ashraf Gandomi is selected as the 2018 winner of the ECS Industrial Electrochemistry and Electrochemical Engineering Division Student Achievement Award.
- Yasser Ashraf Gandomi received the Excellence in Research Award from the UT Graduate Student Senate on April 13th and the Extraordinary Professional Promise Award at the Chancellor's Honors Banquet on April 19.
- Congratulations to Yasser Ashraf Gandomi on becoming a member of Sigma XI.
- Dr. Mench made the 2016 List of the 150 Most Cited Scholars in Energy Research by Elsevier Scopus Data.
- Congratulations to Yasser Ashraf Gandomi on winning the "Best Presentation Award" at the Fifth International Education Forum on Environment and Energy Science on December 19, 2016.
- Congratulations to Yasser Ashraf Gandomi on receiving the Gamma Beta Phi Engineering Honor Society award.
- Congratulations to Jason Clement, who completed his PhD on October 13, 2016.
- Dr. Mench gave an invited talk at Georgia Tech on September 15, 2016.
- Congratulations to Alan Pezeshki, who completed his PhD on July 29, 2016!
- Dr. Mench gave an invited talk at Drexel University on May 6, 2016.
- Dr. Mench received a Translational Research Award from the UT College of Engineering on April 21, 2016.
- EESC lab member Yasser Ashraf Gandomi received the Outstanding Graduate Student Award at the UT MABE Honors Banquet on April 7, 2016 and received the Runner-Up prize at the University of Tennessee Three Minute Thesis Competition on April 8, 2016.
- Dr. Mench gave an invited talk at University of Michigan on March 15, 2016.
- On January 12, 2016, Dr. Mench received a UT Research Foundation (UTRF) Start Up Award for his work with WattJoule Corporation.
- Jake Houser received the "Best Presentation Award" at the Fourth International Education Forum on Environment and Energy Science on December 10, 2015.
- Dr. Mench was recently elected to serve on the ASME department head executive commmitee.
Dr. Mench participated in a 3-person panel for the Symposium on Early Faculty Life at the 2015 ASME IMECE meeting in Houston, Texas.
Congratulations to Shiqi Ou, who completed his PhD on October 30, 2015.
Congratulations to Andrew Burch, who completed his master's degree October 21, 2015.
Dr. Mench is 1 of 20 invited to participate in the US Department of Defense Office of Net Assessment Study.
Dr. Mench is named Associate Editor of ASME Journal of Fuel Cell Science and Technology.
Congratulations to Ozgur Cekmer on receiving his PhD in Mechanical Engineering on June 12, 2015.
In March, Dr. Mench gave an invited talk at Purdue University as part of Purdue's Kenninger Seminar Series.
Congratulations to Jason Clement for receiving the "Best Presentation Award" and Jacob Houser for receiving the "Best Collaboration Award" at the Third International Education Forum on Environment and Energy Science on December 16, 2014.
Congratulations to Yasser Ashraf Gandomi for receiving the East Tennessee ASME Honor for Service to the UTK Student Section.
Congratulations to Jake LaManna on receiving his PhD in Mechanical Engineering on October 31, 2014.
Dr. Matthew M. Mench is one of the most highly cited researchers in the world. Read more.
- Congratulations to Alan Pezeshki who won the Best Presentation Award at the Second International Education Forum on Environment and Energy Science on December 17th, 2013.
- Congratulations to Jason Clement who won the Best Poster award at the TNSCORE Annual Conference on June 11th.
- Congratulations to Susan Reid and Guoqing Xu who received their Master's on May 9, 2013.
- Congratulations to Michael Manahan, A.K. Srouji, and Lijuan Zheng who received their Ph.D.'s this past Spring.
- On April 18, 2013, Dr. Mench was elected a Fellow of ASME due to his outstanding accomplishments. To be elected a Fellow is truly a distinction among ASME members.
- In September 2012, Dr. Ahmet Turhan presented "Recent Status of Hydrogen Energy Conversion and Storage" at UNAM-International Energy Forum in Mexico City, Mexico.
- Congratulations to the latest new facaulty member from our lab, Dr. Chakraborty, who recently started as tenure-track Assistant Professor at UT Knoxville.
- Congratulations to the latest new faculty member from our lab, Dr. Zhang, who recently started as tenure-track Assistant Professor at UT Space Institute.
- Congratulations to former Post Doc Prof. A. Chuang who recently accepted a tenure track Assistant Professor position at Purdue University in the College of Technology. http://www.tech.purdue.edu/MEt/Faculty-And-Staff/index.cfm?dept=Mechanical%20Engineering%20Technology&id=713
- Former Lab Research Associate Prof. Rama Ramasamy recently made the news--http://m.onlineathens.com/uga/2012-08-26/uga-scientists-developing-sensor-plant-distress.
- Professor Mench recently gave an invited lecture at the University of Padua in Italy, July, 2012.
- Michael Manahan is awarded the 2012 ASTM International Graduate Scholarship. (Press Release)
- Dr. Feng-Yuan Zhang was an invited speaker at Fuel Cell Workshop at Tiajin University, China.
- Subhadeep Chakraborty's paper was awarded the Runner Up for the Best Paper Award at the 2012 International Conference on Social Computing, Behavioral-Cultural Modeling, & Prediction.
- Prof. Mench recently gave an Invited Lecture at the MIE Distinguished Seminar Series, University of Toronto, March 9, 2012.
- Jacob LaManna won the best presentation award at the 4th annual Global Conference on Energy in Honolulu.
Research at EESCL has recently led to a demonstrated increase in the power output of a vanadium redox flow battery of 500% compared to other published systems. Details can be found here.
Professor Mench gave opening remarks and Plenary at the 2011 World Hydrogen Technologies Conference (WHTC) in Glasgow, England, 2011.
Professor Mench gave Plenary talk at HyFusen 2011 in Argentina.
Professor Mench presented as an invited plenary speaker at the Fall 2011 ECS in Boston on heat transfer in PEFCs.
PhD student Jason Clement awarded TN-Score fellowship.
MS student Susan Reid awarded Summer Fellowship at ORNL.
Professor Mench was featured on NPR. Here is the link.
Professor Mench granted an appointment as Professor of Chemical Engineering at UTK.
FCDDL moves operation from Penn State University to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
FCDDL PhD student Mitchell is awarded ESPN Fellowship.
FCDDL student Mike Manahan is awarded a NSF Graduate Fellowship Award.